Secret Shopper

Secret Shopper Assignment

    My experience as a secret shopper went just okay. I got the information I wanted, but it didn’t go as helpful as I would have hoped. The librarian I spoke to asked if I wanted a book recommendation based on something that they enjoyed. I appreciate their effort, but I can think of a better approach to this situation. Rather than asking if I wanted a recommendation based on what they enjoyed, I feel that the librarian should have asked if I wanted a recommendation based on what I enjoyed. The librarian recommended the Chet and Bernie Mystery Series, which according to their explanation is a mystery series about a detective and his dog solving mysteries.

    I thought that maybe the librarian would give me another book recommendation, but they left it at just the one. They didn’t help me locate the books, but they did inform me that they had them available at the library and pointed me in the right direction. I am not so sure I would go back to the same person for future recommendations. I say this because I want somebody to be just a bit more helpful in regards to what I like and enjoy.


Comments

  1. Hi Megan! I agree that there was probably a better approach in recommending a book. It is a little odd that they did not ask any questions about the books you typically enjoy. I'm glad you were able to get a recommendation but am sorry the experience wasn't as helpful as you hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an interesting experience. After having a positive interaction myself it is also helpful to read one that didn't go as you hoped. I definitely recommend books I've enjoyed to others, but it's often based on something they say that they are interested in and sparks a memory of something that I also enjoyed that sounds similar. I'm also surprised that they only gave you one recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that it wasn't the best approach. I think they could have offered both what they enjoyed as well as asked you what you were interested in.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts