Reading Profile

My reading taste has slightly changed over the past couple of years. I am a huge sucker for a good romance book, which is what I used to stick to. Recently, I have been trying to widen my horizons by reading other genres. I find mystery/thriller books to be so fun to read! A lot of the time, I breeze through them because I just need to know how the story ends. Also, I have been really wanting to push myself and get into fantasy books. I have so many great recommendations, so I have that covered. I just need to push myself and dive into the fantasy world!

There are a few authors that I will read anything they put out. These are also authors who have gone a bit viral on BookTok, but I don't care! I love them! There is Mia Sheridan, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Hannah Grace, Ana Huang, Lucy Score, Carley Fortune, and Elle Kennedy. All of these authors have one thing in common - they know how to write a good romance book. On the other hand, an author that I want to get into, but haven't yet is Sarah J Maas. I am constantly hearing great reviews about her and her novels, and I need to get on that. 

As far as my recent admiration for mystery/thriller books go, I haven't really found an author that I love in that genre. Of course, there are books I have loved, but I haven't read multiple books by one author, more like multiple books from all different authors. I would love some recommendations on great authors in that genre. 

To end of my post, here are a few of the books I read and loved in 2023:

- Wildfire by Hannah Grace

- Local Woman Missing by Mary Cubic

- Meet Me at the Lake by Carley Fortune

- The Things We Leave Unfinished by Rebecca Yarros

Thank you for reading! :)

Comments

  1. Hi Megan! I find mystery and thriller books very fun to read as well! My mom gave me The Cove by Catherine Coulter to read years ago, and I never looked back! I have since developed an affinity for the cozy mystery sub-type, and they also usually incorporate some aspect of romance. One of my favorites is Sofie Kelly's Magical Cats series, which follows a Minnesota librarian who solves murders for her small town with the help of her magic cats. They're a little absurd, but so much fun to read. I also just read A Death in Door County by Annelise Ryan which is set in Wisconsin and is about possible sightings of a Nessie-like creature in Lake Michigan. It's a bit darker than the average cozy mystery, but still a really good read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma! Those sound like such fun reads. I'm going to add them to my Goodreads so I don't forget! I love Wisconsin, so that one sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you for the suggestions :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Megan! I am a big thriller/suspense fan. Just recently I've gotten into Freida McFadden. She has a ton of different books. Super fast paced and have kept my attention well. Most of her books are on Kindle Unlimited if you have a subscription. Otherwise, I'm guessing most libraries have a long holds list for her titles. I know that my library does.

    Local Woman Missing has been on my TBR for quite a bit. My sister-in-law got into reading thrillers this year and I actually gifted her this book for Christmas! That means I definitely need to read it now. I also enjoy a nice romance every once in awhile. Meet Me at the Lake is also on my list. Funny enough, my mother-in-law got really into Colleen Hoover last year, so I gifted her this book for Christmas! I spent quite a bit of time deciding what books to get both of them for Christmas. What are the odds both of them appear on your favorites of 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mallory! My sister actually just recommended Freida McFadden to me! I have been wanting to read The Housemaid for some time now, so I will definitely have to get on that.
      Oh wow! That is quite a coincidence. I definitely recommend both of those books :) Thanks for the suggestions!!

      Delete
  3. You can't go wrong with a good romance book! Excellent reading profile!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts